INFORMATION OR A.K.A...OHAYOCON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We get asked some very interesting questions...if you have one please send it to INFO@OHAYOCON.ORG
- What is Ohayocon?
- Ohayocon is a 3 day event that focused on the art, culture and community surrounding Japanese Animation.
- When was Ohayocon Started?
- This convention began with a few intrepid staffers back in 2001. Check out our WIKI for more Ohayocon History!!
- What does Ohayocon mean?
- Ohayocon derives its name from the similarity in pronunciation between "Ohio", where the con is held, and Ohayo (おはよう, Ohayou?), which is Japanese for "Good morning".
- What is an anime/animation convention?
- Anime Conventions are where fans gather as a community to appreciate the art of anime in all forms but focusing primarily on Japanese visual media.
- Who goes to an anime convention?
- Panels, Workshops, Screenings, Special Live Events, Concerts, Community groups, Round Table discussions and Community!
- Who goes to Ohayocon?
- Fans of all ages attend Ohayocon...we are a family friendly event that provides ratings and assistance for our attendees with special needs.
- Are your events rated for content?
- YES! Our panels have been vetted by our Live Events Staff and have provided ratings either in our program book..or on the schedule itself. If you have a question about the appropriateness of a panel...please contact your freindly neighborhood L.E. Staffer with your question...they will be able to get you the answer you need.
- How is this rating enforced?
- We ask that all attendees that attend a age restriced panel bring identification with them to the panel along with thier badge. We have staff standing at the doors checking ID's.
- What are the age ranges of attendees at Ohayocon?
- As a family convention we have attendees that range from a few months to our beloved old skool fans from the earliest days of anime fandom from the 70's. With this huge range of ages we work diligently to provide each fan group something exciting. If you would like to request a panel please visit our forums.
- Are there rules for being an attendee at Ohayocon?
- What do should I expect when attending Ohayocon for the first time?
- As a first time attendee one should expect a whole range of new experiences! Ohayocon has a diverse population and many different activities, and a first time attendee can become overwhelmed easily. If this should happen, any of our friendly staff would be happy to help! A first time attendee should bring all the things they would bring if they were to go on a vacation: clothes, money, and plenty of deodorant!!
- Is there something good to eat close by?
- Thankfully we are located in the ARENA DISTRICT of the City of Columbus AND there is a food court located inside the GCCC with restraunts that stay open all night to serve us. This is great for our attendees! Once you are parked..you don't have to get into your car again until it's time to go home!!!
- How do I get a Press/Comp Badge??
- Please fill out the Press Badge Request Form. We will be getting back to you as soon as possible.